I never thought I'd see the day! Christmas Day I woke up early and looked under the Christmas tree and saw nothing new so I went back to bed. Later I awoke to my Dad turning on the light and telling me to get up and get my clothes on. I was held downstairs for a while until Dad led me upstairs and put me in their bedroom with Mom. He fed the horses and then left in the our 1988 Ford F-350 pickup truck to go somewhere. I still had no clue about anything that was about to happen. After a good 30 or 45 minutes I heard a loud noise coming down the hill on the road. I thought it was the 1963 Ford 2000 tractor we had of my grandad's. But, when I looked at what it was when it came into view on the road I saw it was a tricycle tractor, one like I'd always wanted. Then it came up the driveway with Dad at the wheel and for one of the first times in my life I was actually speechless. I had to drive it right away before my grandparents got here for breakfast of course and I had to take it out on the road to show the neighbors ([the late] Carson Davis, Jerry Boyles, Ruffin Spencer, and my Grandmother). Within 10 minutes after breakfast I had the serial number and I had found out by the computer that I had a 1941 Farmall M on my hands. At lunch time I drove it up to my grandmother's for the Hunt Christmas dinner and gave all my cousins and aunts a ride on it. It has several leaks and other problems and actually will not run right now, but I still like it alot. It will be my Junior/Senior project in school and for my 16th birthday this year my dad bought me a muffler for it. Please Comment! Thx Mom and Dad!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
The Greatest Christmas Ever!
I never thought I'd see the day! Christmas Day I woke up early and looked under the Christmas tree and saw nothing new so I went back to bed. Later I awoke to my Dad turning on the light and telling me to get up and get my clothes on. I was held downstairs for a while until Dad led me upstairs and put me in their bedroom with Mom. He fed the horses and then left in the our 1988 Ford F-350 pickup truck to go somewhere. I still had no clue about anything that was about to happen. After a good 30 or 45 minutes I heard a loud noise coming down the hill on the road. I thought it was the 1963 Ford 2000 tractor we had of my grandad's. But, when I looked at what it was when it came into view on the road I saw it was a tricycle tractor, one like I'd always wanted. Then it came up the driveway with Dad at the wheel and for one of the first times in my life I was actually speechless. I had to drive it right away before my grandparents got here for breakfast of course and I had to take it out on the road to show the neighbors ([the late] Carson Davis, Jerry Boyles, Ruffin Spencer, and my Grandmother). Within 10 minutes after breakfast I had the serial number and I had found out by the computer that I had a 1941 Farmall M on my hands. At lunch time I drove it up to my grandmother's for the Hunt Christmas dinner and gave all my cousins and aunts a ride on it. It has several leaks and other problems and actually will not run right now, but I still like it alot. It will be my Junior/Senior project in school and for my 16th birthday this year my dad bought me a muffler for it. Please Comment! Thx Mom and Dad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment